There Can Only Be One Friday Update!

Welcome to the SkyRealms forums!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
  • Hello! Thank you for visiting the forums. You can sign up or log in using the button on the top right of your screen. If you do not have an account consider signing up and joining the forums community!

JennyPixel

Community Manager (Dev Whisperer)
Staff member
Community Manager
Jan 8, 2018
Friday Update (4).png

Happy Friday Everyone! Bit of a soft update this week (I think we all needed a bit of a break ;P) but still some pretty cool things coming your way! But first, lets get to our feature realm!

This week's feature realm is EternalSky (/visit EternalSky). I checked it out a bit earlier and, I gotta say, it's pretty freaking cool. So make sure to swing by sometime this week and check it out!

Now, before we get onto updates, I believe I have some winners to announce :)

Build Contest Results

First, thank you EVERYBODY for your AMAZING submissions! It was not easy to pick a winner and the margin separating the 1st place realm to even the 10th place realm was incredibly close. Therefore, without further ado, I give you your February Build Contest Winners!

1st Place - chickarita

2nd Place - Skylicent

3rd Place - MellThePotato_

Honorable Mentions
Greg_Gavam
WizardStake
Halux_
Twisted_Knight
Blue_Paladin
DontLick
Congratulations Everyone! Your builds were inspiring, beautiful, creative, and left me awe-struck! It was so hard to pick a top three and I cannot wait to see what you come up with next month!

Now, onto updates!

Duels are Back!

We have been getting a bunch of requests to bring back duels, so we've brought them back bigger and better than ever!

Duels allow you to challenge another player in epic single combat to settle a score, test out some gear, or just for fun! There are different types of kits you can use in your duel and you can also place wagers on who will win!

Here's how it works.

Commands

/duel duel <player>
- How to send a duel request to a player

/duel accept <player> - How to accept a duel request someone has sent you​

-

Duel Modes

Own Items - This means that you would be using your own items and the other player would be using their own items.

Vanilla Set

4 Enchant God Set

9 Enchant God Set

***NOTE: In a duel all players, regardless of rank, can use the same number of enchants.***

Wager Amounts

$0 (friendly battle), $5,000, $10,000, $50,000, $100,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000.

Once you select a wager amount, the invite is sent.

Once the challenge is sent and accepted, players are taken to the duels arena to commence their epic battle. Once the duel is over, the players are transferred back to the server they left from, and the winner is rewarded the wager. Keep in mind that there can only be one winner in a duel ;)

HouseKeeping

Here I would like to remind everyone that Monday is the last day of the Olympic celebration, which means if you want to get on the leaderboard for the parkour competition, now is the time!

Finally, some of you may have noticed that TNT is no longer craftable. It is still available for purchase from the Redstone shop at spawn. This change is to nerf auto-miners, as they were becoming far too overpowered.

Nothing else for me :) Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tofu2345

Aug 10, 2017
Great update! I'm quite sad not to see my bcontest submission at newchainname not make honorable mentions or Top 3, but it's all fine. I feel like making TNT buyable in the shop indirectly buffed Auto Miners because now they don't have to craft it. Maybe increase the buying price to around 4k a stack.